Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/13/2009 - Discography on for Thursday, 10/15/2009

Wife called and said she got a call from the pain clinic at the hospital that the discography is scheduled for 10:30 AM on Thursday, 10/15/2009. They gave the usual don't eat or drink 8 hours before, however, other people at the clinic have said don't eat for 8 hours but you can drink up to 2 hours before. Better safe than sorry though.

Every time I have gone there for a procedure I have a bunch of time waiting for things, waiting to get in, waiting for the IV, waiting for the procedure so this time I'm taking a book to read. I usually play solitaire or bubbles on my phone but that's getting old.

I'll post after the procedure is done to record how it went. I also made an appointment with the neural surgeon, Dr. Salehi, for next Tuesday, 10/20/2009 at 8:30. I'll go over the results from the discography and the MRI's and see what he wants to do.

On another note, the pain has dramatically increased again and the neuropathy (pins & needles) is back in my left hand. I used to be able to sleep on my right side and it would go away, however it's there either side I sleep on. Needless to say, I'm not getting much sleep lately even with all the medication.

Here's what I'm on now:
20mg Oxycontin (no generic), 2 times per day
10/250mg Hydrocodone/APAP (Norco), 2 tablets every 4-6 hours (as needed)
50mg Toprol (metroprolol), 1 tablet daily (this is from my previous high heart rate)
5mg Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine), 1 tablet before bed
25mg Elavil (Amitriptyline), 1 tablet before bed (I take this an hour after the Flexeril)
100mg Neurontin (Gapapentin), 1 tablet with the Flexeril

He put me on the Oxycontin because the Opana ER wasn't helping. He also upped the Norco from 1 every 6 hours to 2 every 4-6 hours PRN. 1 just wasn't touching the pain any more. And to be honest, this regime is cutting the pain down maybe 50%. Going to have to talk to him about it next visit. What I've discovered during this is to tell your pain doc what works and tell them if it's not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment